free website stats program New Road King out | Harley Davidson Forums

New Road King out

jamesearl

2017 It's all blacked out and you lose the windscreen.Bags are a little different too.They cover the exhaust.3Grand more than FLHR. You also lose the bag guards.Engine specs sre all the same.

Ya I saw that, online, kept jumping through the picks, no radio, I remember thoses days. Nothing but the wind and birds chirping to the rumble of the the motor.

Typical MoCo move, trick up the paint, drop the windscreen, change the bars and bags, add $3K to the MSRP and they will sell a ton.:rolleyes:

No passing lights either. I wouldn't ride without them. Running with all the lights all the time I have had fewer cars pull out in front of me than with any other, less well illuminated bike I have ever had. They removed all of my 'MUST HAVE" stuff and charge more. Such a deal!

It's more style over function IMO. It does look good. The bigger rims, the stretched bags, the monochromatic color and look and feel. But, the loss of function for the windshield and bags is a let down. I know it's achieving a look and it does the past well. I would think. Soft tail S already pulls this look off but, it's definitely another option.

Can't expect to like ever option and model HD puts out I suppose. I think it will appeal to many. And it seems a lot of folks are making low profile, SGs their regular ride. So, this will fit in just fine.

I'm seriously looking at RKs but, my needs are a little more practical. Comfort for two and for going a fair distance. More than a toy run or bar hop. And like some others have mentioned, I'd prefer the lighting of the regular RK.

I thought at first it would have a beefed up mill like the S models,for that kinda do re me,but no.

Well, all the stuff they left off is why I bought my 2010 in the first place, so no interest here. Nice to have that option though I guess as I'm sure there's lot's of people who want just that. It does look nice.

Back