free website stats program New rider needs HELP! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New rider needs HELP!

The worst thing for a carb is to sit for a long period of time as you indicated. If it were mine i'd remove and do a complete rebuild, that way you have all new parts and all seals and gaskets are fresh. JMHO.

Also empty the tank and start with fresh fuel.

Ok guys....stupid question...lets say I was an idiot and may have improperly installed the needle on the slide as well as the slide diaphragm? Could this be causing my issue?

I definitely put the needle through the hole in the center of the spring seat....also I am pretty sure based on the video I watched, that I didn't seal the diaphragm properly

tourbox has you covered, carbs are very touchy and if assebled incorrectly can cause all kinds of problems. Hopefully you figured it out, good luck.

if the diaphragm is not seated correctly then the slide will not rise as it requires a good seal to allow the vacuum in the carb to correctly control the position of the slide

Brian

You can check slide movement while the bike is running. Remove your air cleaner so you can see the slide.
You can blip the throttle several times and see the slide rise & fall. Should do it pretty smoothly, if not rising then diaphragm not sealed good or torn.
tourbox

I got it fixed...I was a retard and installed the needle and spring retainer backwards. Also adjusted the diaphragm based not he trick I learned from the video below....you guys should share this with the community. ..I think it could help alto of people...this guy has some great videos.

Back