free website stats program New Rider looking for his first Harley. Suggestions? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Rider looking for his first Harley. Suggestions?

Here's my opinion of a question like this...

If I were to ask what shoes I should buy, I would get many answers and probably very few of them would be of any use in the purchase of the shoes. You have to buy what YOU like and what is comfortable for YOU. Go to the dealer and try out a few different models and ask questions of a hopefully knowledgeable sales person and you should be able to find something that fits you and your riding style. Everyone is going to suggest that you buy what they ride and that's about all the answers you would get.

I would suggest you get a Road King :D

The problem is; one bike is not enough. They are kind of like golf clubs. You need a different one for different situations, A Dyna (Wideglide with solo seat) for short trips around town, A Softail (Fatboy) for combined street and highway riding, and a touring(Road King)for mostly highway riding. Unfortunately I can't afford to add the Wideglide and the Road King. But it doesn't cast to dream.

The problem is; one bike is not enough. They are kind of like golf clubs. You need a different one for different situations, A Dyna (Wideglide with solo seat) for short trips around town, A Softail (Fatboy) for combined street and highway riding, and a touring(Road King)for mostly highway riding. Unfortunately I can't afford to add the Wideglide and the Road King. But it doesn't cast to dream.

I'm with ya!

Got the Dyna (not a Wideglide, but a '91 Dyna - Sturgis) and the UC. Waiting for a situation that would "allow" me to get the Softail!!

TQ

HERITAGE SOFTAIL CLASSIC,looks great,suits all kinds of riding and dont think ur height will be a problem...P.S i am biased.....seriously though do as most of the guys have said and try them out,but be warned... you will fall in love with more than one style,take care

only one way to beat that....:d

profilepic800_2.gif
attaboy

Here's my opinion of a question like this...

If I were to ask what shoes I should buy, I would get many answers and probably very few of them would be of any use in the purchase of the shoes. You have to buy what YOU like and what is comfortable for YOU. Go to the dealer and try out a few different models and ask questions of a hopefully knowledgeable sales person and you should be able to find something that fits you and your riding style. Everyone is going to suggest that you buy what they ride and that's about all the answers you would get.

I would suggest you get a Road King :D

Sir, your counsel is timely and good! :bigsmiley24:

Back