free website stats program New rider just got my first bike | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New rider just got my first bike

Welcome to the Forum from Crown Point. Practice practice practice makes for a better rider, and it is also what it is all about.:s I practice every chance I get:)

Get some proper training. Not advanced, just the basics. I know the states is different but here in the UK we are not even allowed on the road without Compulsory Basic Training these days and it is highly recommended. In my day there wasn't any (1981 when I started) and although I got away with it training before one gets on the road is the way forward. All those newbies might live longer. Good luck and have fun. Bikes are the best thing in the world.

Welcome...
There ahs already been some great advice. As someone that has only been riding for 3 years, I can remember the early nervousness. I wish someone would have POUNDED it into my head that I should only ride at the level that I am comfortable with riding. Don't let what others think or more importantly- what YOU think they think... make you do something foolish.... stay within your limits. You WILL GET BETTER...

Back