free website stats program New rider - Iron 883N | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New rider - Iron 883N

Thanks for all the input guys, you guys definitely gave me the best advice I heard. Someone beat me to the Iron 833 I was looking at :( however I just picked up another 883. What do you think? 1200 conversion further down the road?......

The Sporsters are nice, but not for everyone. Like already mentioned, it all depends on what you want to do and what you feel comfortable riding. This bike is pretty nice, enjoy it and rack up the miles!

Thanks for all the input guys, you guys definitely gave me the best advice I heard. Someone beat me to the Iron 833 I was looking at :( however I just picked up another 883. What do you think? 1200 conversion further down the road?......

The 883 bikes are no slouch......ride it for a while and you may decide you don't need the 1200 conversion.
I have a 1200 and my buddy has an 883...sure, I can pull away from him if I want to , but its not like he has any trouble keeping up with me

Don't let anyone tell you that Sporties can't smoke big twins, or that you can't make long hauls on one. I've had my Iron well over 100mph, and it gets there quick! It's even better when you tell the dude on a Fat Boy that he just got left in the dust by a girlie bike.

-m

So sporties are girlie bikes? :lolrolling

Just my 2cents worth. I rode in the dirt in my younger years but have been wanting a Harley for many years. Was looking at Dynas at first but figured they were a little out of my price range. Looked as long as I could stand it and settled on an 05 1200 Custom. She's a beautiful bike and fairly simple to work on. I clock my buddy with a softtail all the time. I also commute about 700 miles a week. I will definitely be replacing my Corbin seat in the near future. If (or when) I upgrade I will be keeping my Sportster because that's what it is. The sportscar of Harleys. Ride safe

Back