free website stats program New rider going to Sturgis | Harley Davidson Forums

New rider going to Sturgis

Do not be surprised by what you see
Drink lots of water
Watch out for weather, it changes fast and there is not a lot of cover in the badlands

You will find there is not enough time to see everything. From your first gas stop, you will see bikes headed to Sturgis. Every moment of the trip is special.

I am leaving Friday for my tenth trip to Sturgis, and will be visiting sites I have not seen in the past.

Don't overdue your daily mileage. Without realizing it, you lose focus as the day & miles go by. You are new, nothing is reflex yet, be careful and don't let your confidence over ride your ability. There are some real dummy's out there, I hope you do not encounter one.

Don't overdue your daily mileage. Without realizing it, you lose focus as the day & miles go by. You are new, nothing is reflex yet, be careful and don't let your confidence over ride your ability. There are some real dummy's out there, I hope you do not encounter one. .....(added: HUNDREDS of them)

Good advice given by "my brother from another mother"

You will find yourself in a CLUSTER mess. Stay Clear of CLOSE riders you have No Knowledge How they Ride...

Watch out for DEER.... Usually kill as many riders as the Dumb Riders do...

signed....BUBBIE

Look at the DEATH Markers along the highways there....Stuff Happens...

Riding a motorcycle can be hard physical work especially if new to it as time goes on you will get to know your limit for a days riding
Be prepared for physical tiredness due to the work out and fresh air drink lots of water wear appropriate clothing always ride within your comfort limits

Brian

Road construction
Watch for narrow roads and off camber roads in the canyons

be careful and ride with your mind in place both going and returning. when you get to Sturgis park your bike get the real camera out, not just the phone one, take lots of pictures and drinks lots of beer..... after you rest (sobered up) than ride some more. Oh one more thing ENJOY!!

Back