free website stats program New Ride | Harley Davidson Forums

New Ride

Skratch

Rode my Heritage for a year and loved it. I wanted purple last year but didn't like the color of purple they had.

Got to ride an 09 green and cream Ultra and put about 200 miles on it with my wife.

Then, I saw the 09 custom purple flake and silver.

Needless to say....so long Heritage.

Attachments

• 2009 Ultra 007a.jpg
    2009 Ultra 007a.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 112
Congrats on your new iron steed...nice colors and I'm sure a lot of great rides ahead!

Sad part is that I just got back from doing 13 states in 11 days. 2 days before I left I saw this bike on the showroom floor. The sales guy (good guy, bought 2 bikes from him already) was trying to get me to buy it then and I wanted to, but I couldn't feasibly get break in mileage without severely upsetting my wife. I had just got back from a week on the road and then getting ready for an 11 day bike trip. Needless to say, putting 500+ mileage on a bike and then leaving would've put a damper on my relationship. :s

It would've been very sweet having this little jewel on my trip instead of the Heritage. But I gotta say, the Heritage treated me just dandy.

I saw a couple of these while on my trip (4000 miles btw) and I took it as a sign from the Harley gods. So I called my sales guy from Colorado last thursday and said if it was still there on Saturday to put a sold sign on it and we'd do the deal on Monday.

Well, yesterday was Monday.

Congrats on the new ride.I can tell you from my expierience of switching from a softail to a tourer, your next big trip will be much more enjoyable.

We can't wait to get it out on the road. We planned a day trip of about 400 miles in a couple weeks.

And get this, my wife is actually excited to dress this one up!! (don't worry guys, final say will still come down to me. :lero)

And get this, my wife is actually excited to dress this one up!! (don't worry guys, final say will still come down to me. :lero)

Yep, and we believe that too! :newsmile100:

Congrats on the new ride. :s

Back