free website stats program New Purchase (FLHTK) | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Purchase (FLHTK)

Congratulations, I believe you will be extremely happy as will your wife. I bought a 2011 FLHTK this spring (my first bagger also) and although my Dyna was set up with a windscreen, speakers for my iPod, sundowner seat and wide backrest my wife enjoys the ride much better on the Limited.
As for opinions between the Limited and the Ultra Classic; for me it was a no brainer when you look at the options you get on the Limited. Now that many models are coming with the 103 I am not certain it is as much a deal as previously but you will not be disappointed.

Congratulations! You and your wife will love the FLHTK. It is always worth the money when you get exactly what you want. Enjoy and ride safe!

congrats on your new hog man!!!! it´s so exciting..........when you are waiting for your bike to come to the dealer.
As to not seeing the new bike till delivery.............take it easy.......I saw a Bones only once before buying it............and i waited 4 looooong months before get her in my hands.
and one thing is for sure.............the bike will be bigger than your expectatives.......... al least that happenned to me when I saw my (OWN) Bones in the dealer, it was bigger, meaner, blacker, better than I colud dream or imagine..................................congrats again.
see you on the road!!!

Sounds like you went all out. That is certainly a well equipped bike with all of those options. Congrats on the new bike and I'm sure you will get alot of enjoyment out of it.

Congrats! I think you will be very happy with your bike, just take your time getting use to the braking and weight of the bike.

As far as the differences, they both have the 103 motor now, but the limited comes with the chrome wheels, titanium gauges, heated grips, ABS & Security standard, chrome luggage rack, & limited badge vs UC badge.

The UC has the front bumper and saddlebag rails.

Really, it's just a matter of what's important to you, as you can customize either to your specs. You bought the whole hog!:cheers

I love this bike, and of course the add ons never stop!:s Best of luck!:)

Thanks for all the replies!

I have been riding motorized two wheelers since I was six and Harley's since I was 15, but this is my first "ordered" bike and first bagger. The wait is killin me! lol

I will be sure to post some pics once I get it home, I get to ride from the stealer home (about 400 - 450k) so I will have a good idea how I am going to like the handling and ride right away.

I have added a few more options since the first post as well.... gettin a little pricey, better stop, lol

israguard : The Sirius kit just plugs into the back of the stereo and an antenna is added inside the batwing. It is all controlled within the factory stereo, including the Sirius info / display.

Enjoy your new ride. I just purchased a 2009 Road Glide in Franklin, TN and rode it home to Dana Point, CA some 2546 miles in just 4 days 47 minutes. Life is short and at 70 years old it is even shorter so ride the new HD every day and tourer often. Charliebrown :p

I picked up my FLHTK yesterday. It is a 2011 in the two tone rootbeer color. On the ride home it felt kind of slow and made some funny noises. Now after 100 miles it seems to run really well and the noises are gone. Can't expain it. Been riding for over forty years and have never see/heard of this. You will love that bike, the handling and comfort is amazing.

Back