free website stats program New Proud owner of a 2012 FLHTK | Harley Davidson Forums

New Proud owner of a 2012 FLHTK

ethiel

Hello, I'm a new proud owner of a 2012 Ultra Limited. I'm station in VA. I'm a AF officer and proud to serve. This is the first time I've own a HD. The only complaint I have is the awful Clunk noise the bike makes when shifting. You can hear it a mile away. It does it in all gears. any advise?:rider:pUERTORICO

Hello, I'm a new proud owner of a 2012 Ultra Limited. I'm station in VA. I'm a AF officer and proud to serve. This is the first time I've own a HD. The only complaint I have is the awful Clunk noise the bike makes when shifting. You can hear it a mile away. It does it in all gears. any advise?:rider:pUERTORICO

Welcome aboard !! I am a New FLHTCU owner and also my first Harley
My bike does the same thing and found you can get a shifter rod silencer.
The clunking really doesn't bother me yet if they sell a silencer why do they install this from the factory ?? More money

Enjoy your new ride, I am enjoying mine !!!

Welcome to The Forum, you may check out some of the threads on what oils to use in your tranny this will make a big change in noise and save on the gears

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
From Central Florida.

Welcome aboard from CO. I put Redline Heavy Shockproof in the tranny at the 1000 mile service and it did wonders for smoothness and sound. Plenty of info in the archives from some really smart people here.

Another Floridian to to boards... Im from Orlando and did 8 yrs active in the AF as a firefighter...

Enjoy the ride...

Back