New Pipes!!

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by iron_ty, Jul 31, 2011.

1. iron_ty

iron_ty Member

Got the V&H Staggered Shortshots on my 2011 iron the other night, I expected some noise but wow not that much, it sounds great! And they look good. such an improvement over the stock pipes! Maybe its all in my head but I do seem to notice some improvement in throttle response... holding off on the se breather til I can afford to give Dobeck a call and figure that thing out....

2. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Congrats on the new pipes. You rear tire is going to wear faster now do to the excessive use of right wrist makin some noise...:laugh
    Enjoy

3. Aerodawg

Aerodawg Member

Congrats!! They do make a difference and your neighbors are gonna love you!:D

4. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

And...your mileage will go down b/c you'll be "juicing" the throttle at every start/stop to let other's know you're there...believe me - lost 5MPG on the bagger after installing TD's...:D

5. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

Har, har, har! Well put!

6. mikemyers

mikemyers Member

What are you going to do with the stock pipes that came off of your 2011 iron?

7. steve299

steve299 Active Member

They do make a difference. I have short shots with quiet baffles and the SE Heavy Breather with the SE Race tuner on my 883 and noticed the power improvement right away. Still get 50 mpg ont the highway too.

8. iron_ty

iron_ty Member

the stock pipes are of no use to me... Not sure what I'll do with them, was wondering the same thing....

700mi on the bike now & I consistently get 40mpg, was thinking It'd get better, I dont see it ever getting 50mpg... :(