free website stats program New Pipes!! | Harley Davidson Forums

New Pipes!!

iron_ty

Got the V&H Staggered Shortshots on my 2011 iron the other night, I expected some noise but wow not that much, it sounds great! And they look good. such an improvement over the stock pipes! Maybe its all in my head but I do seem to notice some improvement in throttle response... holding off on the se breather til I can afford to give Dobeck a call and figure that thing out....

Congrats on the new pipes. You rear tire is going to wear faster now do to the excessive use of right wrist makin some noise...:laugh
Enjoy

And...your mileage will go down b/c you'll be "juicing" the throttle at every start/stop to let other's know you're there...believe me - lost 5MPG on the bagger after installing TD's...:D

They do make a difference. I have short shots with quiet baffles and the SE Heavy Breather with the SE Race tuner on my 883 and noticed the power improvement right away. Still get 50 mpg ont the highway too.

the stock pipes are of no use to me... Not sure what I'll do with them, was wondering the same thing....

700mi on the bike now & I consistently get 40mpg, was thinking It'd get better, I dont see it ever getting 50mpg... :(

Back