free website stats program new pipes | Harley Davidson Forums

new pipes

catfishon

i have an 04 roadking and put bad dad longshot slipons on , they are 4" pipes with 2 1/2 in baffles. i noticed the pipes starting to blue coming out of heads so i put on a tfi fule manager.
do i need a new air intake now also ?
i notice most all the exhaust is coming out the right side pipe now and its alot hotter than the left side. it has a crossover pipe .
how can i tell ifs its still running hot since my pipes are already blue now ?
seems to be running fine but im worried about now .
thanks john

i have an 04 roadking and put bad dad longshot slipons on , they are 4" pipes with 2 1/2 in baffles. i noticed the pipes starting to blue coming out of heads so i put on a tfi fule manager.
do i need a new air intake now also ?
i notice most all the exhaust is coming out the right side pipe now and its alot hotter than the left side. it has a crossover pipe .
how can i tell ifs its still running hot since my pipes are already blue now ?
seems to be running fine but im worried about now .
thanks john

Most pipes will blue some, more fuel never hurts, do you have heat shields and are the pipes double wall?

not sure what you mean by double wall? they are stock except for the slip ons.
and it does have heat shields. i know it ran hot when i put the new slip ons on it because the pipes wasn’t blue before. and it popped alot on decel. since installing the TFI it seems to have more accel and no more popping on decel. might all be in my head but engine seems noisier after a few miles . thinking of getting a thermometer dipstick to check oil temp. would this tell me if its still running lean?

not sure what you mean by double wall? they are stock except for the slip ons.
and it does have heat shields. i know it ran hot when i put the new slip ons on it because the pipes wasn’t blue before. and it popped alot on decel. since installing the TFI it seems to have more accel and no more popping on decel. might all be in my head but engine seems noisier after a few miles . thinking of getting a thermometer dipstick to check oil temp. would this tell me if its still running lean?

Oil temp alone will not tell you all you need to know. Are the mufflers blueing or just the head pipes, as all head pipes will turn blue to gold, the heat shields should cover that and a bit more fuel may not hurt better to run a bit rich than lean JMO

Back