free website stats program new pipes | Harley Davidson Forums

new pipes

xlcruser

I'm about to order a set of Vance & Hines Q series double barrel exhaust for the sporty. Has anybody used these? Any input on the pipes at all? From what I understand there the next best thing to the 2 into 1 pipe for performance. How are they for loud?

I'm about to order a set of Vance & Hines Q series double barrel exhaust for the sporty. Has anybody used these? Any input on the pipes at all? From what I understand there the next best thing to the 2 into 1 pipe for performance. How are they for loud?

XL, I would never buy a set of pipes until I have heard them "IN THE FLESH" on the same type cycle that I would be buying my pipes for. What may be loud for some my NOT be loud for you.

With all of that being said, if you were in a situation to hang out around a local shop, say on Saturdays when folk make the shop a usual stop. Or, go to a major cycle event and perhaps see someone with the pipes you are interested in. Most folk are always glad to fire up their machine and let you get a up front and personal exposure to their love of decibles.

That's my 2 cents worth. If you buy pricey new pipes put them on your machine and the sound is not to your liking, it could be a big dissappointment and an added expense.:small3d023:

The Q series double barrel are the same pipes as the Screaming Eagle 16 gauge double barrel pipes. Vance and Hines made these for Harley.
I have them on my bike and love them. They aren't quite as loud as the Big Shot Staggered. But they do get louder over time though.
I hope this helps,
The other Randall

The Q series double barrel are the same pipes as the Screaming Eagle 16 gauge double barrel pipes. Vance and Hines made these for Harley.
I have them on my bike and love them. They aren't quite as loud as the Big Shot Staggered. But they do get louder over time though.
I hope this helps,
The other Randall

Helps a lot, thanks..

I had purchased Q-serries for my Fatboy then I was told the Q stood fpr quiet. i contacted V&H and was told they would be any louder than the SE,s that I had so I returned them to the dealer and got the Longshots. The reason I got the Q-serries is the salesman (well actually a kid) let melisten to a used bike that he thought had them on it but they were actully Staightshots. I'm very happy with the Longshots but if you want something more quiet the Double Barrels may be right for you.

Not sure if this helps, but I had V&H Straigh Shots on my 02 XLC and I loved the sound. With the SE AC and a re-jet, it was one fun bike to ride!!

I do think Q baffles are the quiet ones and I'm not sure if you can change them out. Need to verify w/ V&H.

Here is a Youtube video I found...

YouTube - Vance & Hines Double Barrel Exhaust - Sportster

Here is a Straightshot video w/ reg baffles (not the Q series).

YouTube - Testing Sound Vance & Hines Straight Shots Harley

I think the Q series isn't quit as loud on the acceleration as the straight shots. They will however with the power chamber give you about twice the hp & tq of the straight shots. I'm looking for the best of both worlds. V&H told me I could get louder baffles, louder being about 3db. The Q series is 93db, straight shots 103db and stock 83db. They also said that for each 10db you increase it's about twice as loud.

Back