free website stats program New pipes and what to expect | Harley Davidson Forums

New pipes and what to expect

brderj

Hey all, hope you are well. I am the PROUD owner of the crossbones. Much like other new Harley owners, I appreciate the deep throaty sound that my bike lacks. So yesterday I placed the order for new pipes, some Vance & Hines short shot staggered in black. With that I also have the SE super tuner, and the SE air filter, I'm sorry but I can't remember the name. I am not a parts guy, the more I post here the more you will see that :cheers so I would love to hear what ya'll have to say. (all good things as I have already made the purchase :D) I will also post pics as soon as I can. Thanks for all the information so far, it's much appreciated.

Just wanted to say I love the look of the Cross Bones and hope to test drive one soon. I won't give up my Ultra but I dig trying out different rides. The Cross Bones is one sweet looking machine and I hope you have many enjoyable rides.

Congratulations on your new ride. Many happy miles on it. As far as the upgrade goes, there should be an impressive increase in power and throttle response. Both of my bikes have the stage one upgrade with Screaming Eagle parts. As far as the Vance & Hines pipes go, many of us think they are too loud for lengthy rides. One of our riding partners has them and we make him ride in the back for that reason. Even he has commented that he wishes they were a little mellower. (He talks about changing to SE slip-ons). Just my opinion. :D

Hey thanks ya'll!! I really do love my crossbones. Have had it since May and already have 2300 miles on it. I am looking for loud,(not as much as I am looking for performance though) I'd be a liar if I said otherwise, but I dont want to be obnoxious. I live in Denver and we have the strictest noise pollution laws in the country. What I'm being told is to simply stay away from down town and to be mindful of residential neighborhoods and I should be ok.

Veep, I know what you mean about riding in front of "that" guy with loud pipes. I've come away at the end of a group ride with headaches, :cheers nothing a beer cant fix though. I love your avatar, if I send you my email would mind sending it to me?

Thanks again guys.

Those are the same pipes I run on my 06' Night Train. They sound sooo good. When riding with another person, just keep to the outside of the road and the pipes aren't really that loud to you or your riding buddy. In fact with the standard baffles, I can barely hear them with the wind in my ears at speed.

I think you made a great choice on the bike and the pipes. The Crossbones is a mean looking machine, and now you will have the sound to back it up. I think the only problem you will have is wiping the grin off your face the first time you fire her up!

Speaking of grins...I no kidding had the biggest grin on my face when I rode the bike off the lot. A friend came with me so I had someone to ride with (70 miles back home) and I told him I wanted to cry. He said all men are allowed to man cry at the birth of a child and the purchase of a new bike.

I'm still grinning all the time.

THe pipes I want are very popular (not at all the reason I wanted them, I just couldnt find anything comparable) and I was beginning to think no one on these boards had them. Thank you very much for the great answers. I'm going to be without my bike for a few days while they dyno it out and fit all the parts. Going to Sturgis with some friends so I have to get this all taken care of before I roll. Anyway...thanks guys, you rock!

Hint hint, a full face helmet with a tinted shield hides the tears.........:lolrolling Glad I'm not the only one. You can also blame it on the wind :s.

Back