free website stats program new pipes and screaming eagle conversion | Harley Davidson Forums

new pipes and screaming eagle conversion

hauptmak

Hey I just put on mew 3.5 inch pipes with a 1.75 inch baffle. i put on the stage one screaming eagle conversion kit. it runs good and sounds great but is it going to run too hot? Do i need to get a fuel processor or is it just a waste of money?

You added more air so you will need to add some more fuel. The TFI is a popular choice and there is a lot of good support on the site.

I thought on bikes with 02 sensors the ECM would compensate for just a hi flow air filter and pipes.

Mike

The sensors are a narrow band type sensor. There is not not that much curve in them. You might get away with it, but you are starting out very lean.

I thought on bikes with 02 sensors the ECM would compensate for just a hi flow air filter and pipes. Mike

Well it will certainly try to but it's maps were designed for a different scenairo. A programmable tuner is a much better scenario that a dealer download of a new map.

Some folks can and do get away without purchasing a tuner or new map with pipes. BUT you better check you spark plugs periodically if you choose this route. You want to make sure they don't develop a whitest ash color around the electrode area. It they do then you are running way too lean and if you don't rectify it, over time it will burn the valve edges.

I vote for tuner & "No More Fried Thighs" heat shields. These will help w/your heat issue(s).

Back