new pipes and screaming eagle conversion

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by hauptmak, May 4, 2011.

1. hauptmak

hauptmak New Member

Hey I just put on mew 3.5 inch pipes with a 1.75 inch baffle. i put on the stage one screaming eagle conversion kit. it runs good and sounds great but is it going to run too hot? Do i need to get a fuel processor or is it just a waste of money?

2. Mattman4403

Mattman4403 Junior Member

You added more air so you will need to add some more fuel. The TFI is a popular choice and there is a lot of good support on the site.

3. hoghunter

hoghunter Member

I thought on bikes with 02 sensors the ECM would compensate for just a hi flow air filter and pipes.

Mike

4. mat 60

mat 60 Senior Member

Your bike will run to lean.....I also like the TFI..

5. Mattman4403

Mattman4403 Junior Member

The sensors are a narrow band type sensor. There is not not that much curve in them. You might get away with it, but you are starting out very lean.

6. hoghunter

hoghunter Member

I didn't notice your bike was a 05 when i first posted. It will be too lean IMO.

Mike

7. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

EFI Tuner Comparisons - Harley Davidson Community have a look here:s

8. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Not a waste of money.

Bodeen

9. R_W_B

R_W_B Senior Member

Well it will certainly try to but it's maps were designed for a different scenairo. A programmable tuner is a much better scenario that a dealer download of a new map.

Some folks can and do get away without purchasing a tuner or new map with pipes. BUT you better check you spark plugs periodically if you choose this route. You want to make sure they don't develop a whitest ash color around the electrode area. It they do then you are running way too lean and if you don't rectify it, over time it will burn the valve edges.

10. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

I vote for tuner & "No More Fried Thighs" heat shields. These will help w/your heat issue(s).