free website stats program New Pennsylvania Law going into effect! | Harley Davidson Forums

New Pennsylvania Law going into effect!

Drumrguy

Account Removed
Hello everyone, This important information has come to my attention and I wish to pass this on to you. An Act is going into effect within 60 days in Pennsylvania regarding exhaust systems, mufflers and noise control. This Act states that if a person believes that a motor vehicle (bike or car) is in violation they can file a complaint with the PA State Police for investigation. This will result in a warrant for the police to investigate whether this vehicle is in violation of this act. Keeping this in mind, we should be more mindful of driving through certain areas. This was in our new HOG newsletter. just trying to pass on what I hear if it is useful.

In a way I hope this is true, I love my loud pipes on my bike as a safety feature against those quit interiors of today car but I think anybody who blatantly abuses them just to create noise should be fined.
Maybe we can get rid of those ricegrinders that drive around pushing 9k rpm while only going 30mph and the same goes for those resonator mufflers on those little wantabe import sport cars that aren't

In a way I hope this is true, I love my loud pipes on my bike as a safety feature against those quit interiors of today car but I think anybody who blatantly abuses them just to create noise should be fined.
Maybe we can get rid of those ricegrinders that drive around pushing 9k rpm while only going 30mph and the same goes for those resonator mufflers on those little wantabe import sport cars that aren't

I like my quiet, but I think that if you like them loud, so be it. Just don't go around revving the motor just to make noise. I get a kick out of watch people on bikes sitting at red lights constantly playing with the throttle. :D

The thing I don't like is the perception of loud. My brother (silly gold wing rider) thinks my stock exhaust is loud and I'm sure he is not alone. If you take every Tom, Dick and Harry and tell them to file a complaint every time something seems loud, PA is going to have to add 10,000 troopers to keep up. I'm sure every Prius owner will throw a fit at anything louder than a hair dryer :D

10-4 to that..............................

PA. riders need to fight back, Mass. tryed something like that and the rider's groups got it thrown out. FIGHT BACK there's to many laws already.:57:

PA. riders need to fight back, Mass. tryed something like that and the rider's groups got it thrown out. FIGHT BACK there's to many laws already.:57:

IF THAT LAW GOES THRU IT WILL BACK-FIRE ON THE NOT SO LOUD BIKES...

Right now when you buy that NEW quiet HD and put on a pair of slip-ons ,,, you probably ARE breaking the laws.... MANY of them...

SO FAR law enforcement looks the other way.... IF LAW PEOPLE WANT they can stop ANY BIKE (STATE TROOPER) RIGHT NOW and SEE if exhaust is changed( if not stock ILLEGAL) , or IF too loud,MODIFIED and deemed unsafe..... you get the picture....

SO YOU SEE........

ONCE THE** CAN OF WORMS IS OPEN** ALL WILL SUFFER............

No new laws for me... glad to have a lot off police owners of LOUD BIKES on MY (our) SIDE

THINK

signed....BUBBIE

10-4 to that..............................

Be careful what you wish for.

I like my quiet, but I think that if you like them loud, so be it. Just don't go around revving the motor just to make noise. I get a kick out of watch people on bikes sitting at red lights constantly playing with the throttle. :D
=============================================
Your loud pipes are ok, but everything non harley should be quiet? :yeahright

Back