free website stats program new pavilion seat | Harley Davidson Forums

new pavilion seat

1moretime

hello everone, was wondering if anyone had any ideals, im putting a pavilion seat on my 09 superglide and i dont want to ruin the rear fender with the ruber pieces that come with it. id like to be able to ride some days with out it, and dont want to miss up the fender/paint

Have you thought about carpeting the under side of the seat and remove the rubber buttons? There's always the 3M clear protectant applied to the fender too.

cool, why didnt i think of that:dknow, judging by the lack of responces im the only one cuncerned with this problem. well it all cool drive on

As another option, and what I did with mine, apply the rubber seat pads to the bottom of the seat. They are available from your dealer for about $7.00. The only disadvantage to this is if the fender has dirt on it, it gets trapped between the pads and the paint and will mark the fender. This is easily avoided by making sure the surface of the fende rand pads are wiped clean before each seat install.

cool, ive since add the rubber mounts to the back of the seat, i did realize that dirt could get under or between. i think this is just another one of thoughs things that need alot of atettion. i love my new HD however i think its just to darn clean bieng that its new, mybe it just needs a little character, little age to it. then ill get over the whole dont tuch it additude. ill look into the other set set up that the Bob has, thanks for the input.

1moretime OUT!

Microfiber cloth! When I switch out seats on my ride (only when the wife does not wish to ride hers) I have the rubber bumpers attached to the bottom of the seat and place a microfiber rag between the seat and fender. Works great, but like those before me said make sure the fender is clean to start with.:57:

Back