free website stats program New parts, Upgrades & Questions | Harley Davidson Forums

New parts, Upgrades & Questions

Rhys

So I got the winter riding blues here in Indiana, but the parts for my Road King are starting to roll in. I got a 21 inch front rim all chrome controls for the handle bars, Street Glide shocks for the rear, new cables, gorilla clamp, new bushings for the bars, and French rings for the lights. Took a lot of saving and bargain hunting. But my question is on a part I won on eBay, its the fascia from the rear fender of a street glide, its the part that fills in the gap between the bags and extends the fender with a light in it. What I'm trying to do is get the rear of my Road King to look more like the Street Slide, will those fit a Road King fender. I have a 07 Road King and the part is from a 08 Street Glide?

The fenders have different P/N's. I think they are the same except the FLHX may have different mounting holes for what you're trying to install. I'm never paid any attention as to how to how that mounts. Place it up to your fender and you should be able to tell if you need to modify the fender or not.
tourbox

I think it will fit IF you don't have (or remove) saddlebag guard rails. I wanted the S.G. fascia for my '07 E.G. but was not willing to remove my guard rails.

You will probably have to figure a way to attach extension to fender. Possible chrome license plate bolt covers may work for you..

Ok, I'm going to comment on all three post. I did remove all the chrome rails from around the bags and added street glide bag holders. As far as the mounting holes, I can red rill new ones because it attaches to the side of the fender and up under with the inside fender brace. basically I need to know if the fenders are the same width etc., because I was told that the street glide went to a wider tire at some point and that would mean a wider fender. I don't know what years that is.
Thanks to all

Wider tire in 2009 with the intro of the new frame on all touring models.
2007 and 8 has a 3 inch rim; 2009 + has a 5 inch rear wheel.

I just did the same change, however the Road King and E-glide fenders are different than the SG's and should have the trim light on the bottom. There is a hole on the bottom left of the fender where the wiring runs through as well as two holes to mount the trim/light. I ended up buying a Road Glide rear fender (cheap on ebay) and drilling the three required holes on each side of the fender. I used tape to temporarily hold the fascia on and marked where to drill. Cleaned up the rear end nicely. I hated the look of the chrome tip lights. Funny thing is on my 03 the plug for the led tri-bar lights was already present near the left side of the battery. Hooked it up and the light functions as a running light like it's supposed to....weird since the fascia wasn't introduced until the 06 SG's.

Back