New Paint

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by jmpancoast, Dec 27, 2008.

1. jmpancoast

jmpancoast Active Member

I bought a used tank with a minor dent with the idea of getting painted Vivid Black and doing away with the decals. Found out it was going to cost a lot more than I originally thought. Then I ran across a set of painted tins for a Super Glide on eBay and bought them.

Finished the install today. I put my old painted console on to see how I liked it. I don't think it looks right. I may put the krinkle black console on and send the one you see here off to be painted to match. I am also thinking about seeing if someone with an 08 or later Super Glide wants to work out a trade for their smooth vivid black console..

Feedback is welcome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jimharvey1

jimharvey1 Junior Member

Yeah...I wouldn't change a thing! That's SWEEEET! I like those bars. 10" rise?

3. jmpancoast

jmpancoast Active Member

Yes, they are Flanders bars of teh same specs as Street Bob bars.

4. jmpancoast

jmpancoast Active Member

Thanks Gary. Its actually a FXDI blinged out like a FXDC.

5. DadzLowrider

DadzLowrider Active Member

That bike looks great. What kind of gauges are those? I would also leave the center console as is.

6. jmpancoast

jmpancoast Active Member

I disliked the stock speedo on the bars and saw this digital speedo/tach unit. Its a Diamond Digital unit which is a Dakota clone. Only cost me a couple hundred bucks, but was a royal pain to install. I get lots of compliments on it.

7. USMCCWO5

USMCCWO5 Junior Member

Nice looking scooter.

8. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

JMPanCoast, gotta go with the others, don't change a thing, I would only add a large cylindrical Leatherworks tool bag on the fork or on headlamp/bar just to haul a little something, not even throwovers over that beauty...it looks that tasty! :worthy