free website stats program New Owner Considering Fat Bob or Softail | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Owner Considering Fat Bob or Softail

Hi,i'm also new to this forum,quite hard case as the first thing i find is some one from NZ and he is talking about the bike i have just bought,the 2008 Fat Bob that was for sale here in Nelson with the stage one Screaming Eagle kit and heaps of other bits and piece's.The kit doesn't void the warranty as it is screaming eagle and the reason it was for sale with only 1000 miles on it was that it was a repo job in USA with the bank.I bought this one as i would have done the same if i bought a 2009 one and this way has saved me bit of cash...really love the bike this is my 6th Harley including Softtails,this bike handles far batter than a Softtail

Thats quite coincidence furnace. I asked him a question about it. Bought a new Black Denim 09 Fat Bob last week - being delivered tomorrow :bigsmiley11: Was still considering the bike you bought and went into Anza to look at a Fat Bob in the flesh (Sunglo one) just on two weeks ago. Told them I wanted Black Denim, they had none on order but a couple of days later one arrived for a customer who it ended up had purchased something else elsewhere - missus said it's obviously meant to be so the rest is history.

Now shopping for saddle bags so I can use it for work on a nice day - has anyone out there used ghost brackets on a FXDF? If so any problems? Some info says indicators need to be moved others not - anyone have experience on this?

Thats quite coincidence furnace. I asked him a question about it. Bought a new Black Denim 09 Fat Bob last week - being delivered tomorrow :bigsmiley11: Was still considering the bike you bought and went into Anza to look at a Fat Bob in the flesh (Sunglo one) just on two weeks ago. Told them I wanted Black Denim, they had none on order but a couple of days later one arrived for a customer who it ended up had purchased something else elsewhere - missus said it's obviously meant to be so the rest is history.

Now shopping for saddle bags so I can use it for work on a nice day - has anyone out there used ghost brackets on a FXDF? If so any problems? Some info says indicators need to be moved others not - anyone have experience on this?

Congrats on the new bike and health to enjoy.

I had a 08 Fat Bob. I am 5'9 290. loved the bike. Had to trade for a touring because wife had so much needed something bigger. If you do decide for Fat Bob I have Detach windshield and highway pegs for sale. Fat Bob was great hated to get rid of it .

My Denim Black 09 Fat Bob was delivered on Wednesday afternoon - now done over 500kms on it and loving it. Weight has taken a bit to get used to and while I still have a long way to go with being totally comfortable I am certainly finding it easy to handle at low speeds the more I ride it.

My Denim Black 09 Fat Bob was delivered on Wednesday afternoon - now done over 500kms on it and loving it. Weight has taken a bit to get used to and while I still have a long way to go with being totally comfortable I am certainly finding it easy to handle at low speeds the more I ride it.

The weight does taking some gettng use to. I owed a couple Hondas and Triumphs in the early 70's. This is my first Harley. I've taken a couple riding courses and plan on taking a couple more. The FatBob handles great but your right, at high speeds the weight will get you in trouble on the turns. After taking these courses, I'll admit, I've learned alot and I'm alot more comfortable handling it. Enjoy the ride. I think its one of the finest looking scoots out there.

Zaminam, did you you ever find saddlebags for your Fat Bob? Recommend you get bracket/hoops to keep bags from fouling the rear wheel and belt drive. They usually do not require moving the turn signals mounts (actually the yoke under the seat (for security) fits under the turn signals at the rear and shock mounts at the front with simple d-ring/laces to secure the rear.

If you like simplicitly of throwover, heavy guage leather, made in the usa, check out Leatherworks Inc. :D

Leatherworks, Inc. - Home of Custom Leather Motorcycle Saddlebags

No saddlebags selected as yet. Have been leaning towards detachable using ghost/edge brackets ie. without loops as I'm undecided about the look of having loops hanging off the bike all the time. Have priced up HD bags but they are very pricey so am considering other options - maybe Willie and Max or K-Drive

Back