free website stats program New Oil In All Three Holes | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Oil In All Three Holes

i tryed Bubbie's method and it works every time after the bike is warmed up. mine still klunks the firts time you put it in gear

I also find that the first time is the toughest one.. The oil and all the clutch plates are their most stubborn at this time.. IF your clutch IS not More than a 1/2 turn out at the main adjuster clutch pack and the cable IS adjusted tight also at 1/16 inch COLD.. It should stop Even when cold,,,, OR it does on my rides....

Now my 09 has the slightest clunk after warmed and very slight at that...

The noise of shifting thru the gears is there for me also but it isn't a Bad sound it is just Big heavy (smooth) noises that are a part of HD life style... Look at a gear set some time In real life..... Massive and heavy-duty... Beautiful to say the least...

signed....BUBBIE

The debate of which oil/fluid to use is one I'll stay out of; however, I am very happy with Amsoil. I use the 20-50 in all three holes. Shifting is good and effortless, engine has a nice growl, runs like a champ. I have also used the Amsoil Severe Gear in the tranny, that works good as well.

Best wishes to all.

Biggest thing here; EVERY THING is moving when engine is running and it is in neutral.. Squeeze the clutch and COUNT to 5 slowly. IF the clutch and the cable is Adjusted properly There will be no Klunk or just a little clunk...

People Hop on their bikes, rev the engine and squeeze the clutch, shift and KLUNK it into gear.. Then wonder why they KLUNK..
A little clunk can be expected but give the bike a break..
COUNT..

Read, BUBBIE"S Clutch Adjustment, Just to read it. It will tell you a lot about this process whether you adjust it or not.

Harley Davidson Community

Not saying you do any of the bad.. Just an Eye Opener for all to read.:newsmile070:

signed....BUBBIE

Listen to BUBBIE - This is Good Sound advice!!! Pull your clutch in and hold it in awhile - then put it in gear. Tends to stop or slow down all the moving parts in the tranny. Mine is totally silent (some times) and only makes a little clunk all other times.

Thanks BUBBIE
Bill

Back