free website stats program New Oil In All Three Holes | Harley Davidson Forums

New Oil In All Three Holes

Rhys

I replaced the engine oil with mobil 1 20-50, put the new spectro 6speed oil in the tranny, and spectro heavy duty primmary in the primary. I have noticed the motor seems to like the oil, runs cooler, and alittle smoother. But I just noticed the chains making noise, checked them and they seem ok. The spectro 6 speed tranny fluid guy said it would stop the clunking when I go into gear and when I shift gears. I have put a 150 miles on the new oils and it still clunks into gear while shifting. I cant tell that there is any change yet. But I guess the big test will be when I change it agin and see whats on the plug/magnets. Only time will tell I guess.

The Spectro is a good oil but it doesn't make your trans silent. The clutch adjustment will help you there. You may find just a tiny bit on the magnet when you change it next time but the time after that you really shouldn't see anything noticeable.

I think your bike year has the automatic primary chain adjuster, but have you checked the freeplay on your primary chain?

The trans will still clunk on occasion especially after started cold and first gear engagement. What you should notice is smother shifting overall and easier to find neutral.
After performing Gliders recommendation you will then notice a quieter running bike.

I replaced the engine oil with mobil 1 20-50, put the new spectro 6speed oil in the tranny, and spectro heavy duty primmary in the primary. I have noticed the motor seems to like the oil, runs cooler, and alittle smoother. But I just noticed the chains making noise, checked them and they seem ok. The spectro 6 speed tranny fluid guy said it would stop the clunking when I go into gear and when I shift gears. I have put a 150 miles on the new oils and it still clunks into gear while shifting. I cant tell that there is any change yet. But I guess the big test will be when I change it agin and see whats on the plug/magnets. Only time will tell I guess.

This is the same exact set up I did to my 08 before the winter sleep/5k. I noticed a big difference between the stock fluids and the new syns. Nuetral was tricky before but now even with cold cramped feet can find it no prob. I am going to try Glider's tip fix...sounds like a great ideal.:bigsmiley11:

Biggest thing here; EVERY THING is moving when engine is running and it is in neutral.. Squeeze the clutch and COUNT to 5 slowly. IF the clutch and the cable is Adjusted properly There will be no Klunk or just a little clunk...

People Hop on their bikes, rev the engine and squeeze the clutch, shift and KLUNK it into gear.. Then wonder why they KLUNK..
A little clunk can be expected but give the bike a break..
COUNT..

Read, BUBBIE"S Clutch Adjustment, Just to read it. It will tell you a lot about this process whether you adjust it or not.

Harley Davidson Community

Not saying you do any of the bad.. Just an Eye Opener for all to read.:newsmile070:

signed....BUBBIE

Replaced my trans with redline. Still hear it when I shift. I do the 5 second press then hit first, no sound at all but 2-6 I hear. It just makes that sound I guess.

i tryed Bubbie's method and it works every time after the bike is warmed up. mine still klunks the firts time you put it in gear

Back