free website stats program New noise like rubbing at low speeds?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New noise like rubbing at low speeds??

I was going to say the belt! is it very old? Check for cracks ! Out of adjustment ?
Do you lube it with the Poly Oil Harley makes for there rear belts?

i have a 2000 rk p ihad a squeking sound from my rear .sounded like a bird
churping it was the rubber at the end of the pipe at the rear bag rubber looks good but you put finger pressure on it downward and the sound goes away just a thought

Good point waynebow, about once a month a little oil on rubbers that support muffs or they will squeak...mine do..

Can't say for sure, but someting to be considered is the "swishing" sound that one gets sometimes from the rotors spinning next to the brake disks. Very common noise. Easy problem to troubleshoot. Put the bike on a lift and spray a little water on both front rotors and spin the wheel. The wet rotors won't make much noise when they are wet so they will usually quite down long enough for the diagnosis. Do the same for the rear rotor. This is one time where "they all do that" is pretty much correct.

i have a 2000 rk p ihad a squeking sound from my rear .sounded like a bird
churping it was the rubber at the end of the pipe at the rear bag rubber looks good but you put finger pressure on it downward and the sound goes away just a thought

I had this same issue, little squirt of silicone took care of it.

All my baggers did this as the rubber dries out in the muffler hangars , I used brush on silicone paste it lasts longer than silicone spray, Napa silglide is the same thing it comes in a tube and you can use an acid brush to work it in:s

Back