free website stats program New Noise from front end | Harley Davidson Forums

New Noise from front end

trickydoc

I have started to notice a new sound from the front of my scoot. when turning left, I now hear a whine from the front tire. the sound is not there when turning right. before I pull the front wheel and check everything, does anyone have any ideal that shorten my search. Going to check: wheel, tire, axel, bearings, mounting hardware, rotors, and pads. Anything else?

Only time I had a problem like that was when the front tire started to cup on the side. It made a whine sound turning one way. You didn't say how many miles you had on your scoot.

got the wheel and everything off. left side wheel bearing extremely hard to turn, can't turn it by hand. think maybe this is problem, going to get new bearings. thanks "wizard" I havn't checked for cupping, just looked at the tread, I'll check closer. having to wait until monday, don't have a bearing puller.

Sounds like you found the problem. Sound like I have something to look forward to, changing bearings I mean. Hope this isn't a probelm all Harleys have as I am use to putting on almost 100k on my other bikes before I have had trouble.

Had the same problem after replaceing the bearings the noise went away.So much for long lasting wheel bearing my went out with 30000 miles on it.

Back