free website stats program New Motorcycle | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Motorcycle

Nice looking bike. Looks like you have something new to throw money at.:D

I have changed cam sets in my 107" '02FLHT at least five times in the last two years trying to get the TQ/HP delivery I want. Already collecting the parts to upgrade my 95" '05 FXSTD to 98", better heads, more cam and larger T/B.

Another reason to love this little bike. A few cosmetic and ergo changes and I am done; just ride. The only performance upgrades I might be doing are removing the cat ( maybe), hi-flow A/F and dyno tuning once I find the right fuel management system. That's it, no cams, head porting, worries about compression, squish, etc.; I can do that.:D

It looks well built I would call it The Beast I bet it is a blast to ride:s

Congrats, now you gotta join another forum.

Actually joined the RNineT owners forum weeks before buying the bike to learn the good and the bad about the bike. Very interesting as there are a couple of former Harley owners on the forum but mostly BMW, Ducati and Triumph owners from the UK and a handful of similar US owners.

The most common complaint is the tubed tires; why on earth would BMW single out a new entry to their line, retro or not, with tubed tires when all the others are tubeless?? I have found a DIY method for sealing the rims and going tubeless; I will not carry around the tools and a spare tube and don't relish the idea of repairing a flat on the side of a south Texas two lane blacktop 100 miles from nowhere in July or August; no thanks.

The only other complaint is to be expected and that is the slow reaction from the aftermarket for accessories that are specifically designed to fit the RNineT. The BMW accessories are limited and, as one would expect, a bit on the pricey side.

I will post photos of progress in changing the bike to fit me and my riding style.

[QUOTE="dolt, post: 549971, member: 16228"]Actually joined the RNineT owners forum weeks before buying the bike to learn the good and the bad about the bike. Very interesting as there are a couple of former Harley owners on the forum but mostly BMW, Ducati and Triumph owners from the UK and a handful of similar US owners.

The most common complaint is the tubed tires; why on earth would BMW single out a new entry to their line, retro or not, with tubed tires when all the others are tubeless?? I have found a DIY method for sealing the rims and going tubeless; I will not carry around the tools and a spare tube and don't relish the idea of repairing a flat on the side of a south Texas two lane blacktop 100 miles from nowhere in July or August; no thanks.

The only other complaint is to be expected and that is the slow reaction from the aftermarket for accessories that are specifically designed to fit the RNineT. The BMW accessories are limited and, as one would expect, a bit on the pricey side.

I will post photos of progress in changing the bike to fit me and my riding style.[/QUOTE]

I realise this is a "long ago" post, but how is the RNineT doing?
I think it's amazing the way Peoples' perceptions and ideas and attitudes change throughout the course of their Life journey.-ESPECIALLY with Motorcycles! And i've found i'm no different.
Ask me about a Harley 10 years ago and you'd have had a snort of derision as a reply.Now i own one.

Similarly, if you'd then asked me about an air cooled horizontally-opposed flat twin then the same answer would have been forthcoming.Now i own a BMW Hp2 Megamoto.(bought 6 months ago)

Obviously styles change and bikes are always progressing and moving forward, but i think OUR attitudes also change.

Harleys and flat twins have been dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st Century and been made more exciting and user friendly.Both good and useful attributes.

Doesn't hurt that people become more moderate either.

Back