free website stats program New Motor for Touring Models in 2017 | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Motor for Touring Models in 2017

Think Indian, if they build a trike I am there
That what I have been alluding to for a while Jack. The Indian stores trades for the most part are Harleys.
The only problem is the Harley is not worth what the owner thinks after investing a lot of money and thinking he would get it back out. Supply and demand. There is a abundance of HD out there and the touring bikes being the biggest part of them now days so the market is flooded. That is why my comment in previous post was what it was. What's this $40,000 plus Harley going to be worth in a couple years. Its frightening since it is the same basic bike as in the 90's. The Indian gives you a lot of bang for the buck.

That what I have been alluding to for a while Jack. The Indian stores trades for the most part are Harleys.
The only problem is the Harley is not worth what the owner thinks after investing a lot of money and thinking he would get it back out. Supply and demand. There is a abundance of HD out there and the touring bikes being the biggest part of them now days so the market is flooded. That is why my comment in previous post was what it was. What's this $40,000 plus Harley going to be worth in a couple years. Its frightening since it is the same basic bike as in the 90's. The Indian gives you a lot of bang for the buck.
I stopped in St Paul, The Indian Dealer is 2 blocks down from St Paul Harley, their prices are high, their parts are even higher, tho I am sure the after market will step up. RJ of RJ Originals now has heat shields available for them

tho I am sure the after market will step up.

That will be a while. Considering how long the "new" Indian has been out and the very limited availability of after market performance parts and considering that TTS has a 2017 and is working on and testing calibrations and a cam will probably be available in the next 30-60 days tells you where the aftermarket is focused. Don't hold your breath.....;)

That will be a while. Considering how long the "new" Indian has been out and the very limited availability of after market performance parts and considering that TTS has a 2017 and is working on and testing calibrations and a cam will probably be available in the next 30-60 days tells you where the aftermarket is focused. Don't hold your breath.....;)
A friend has an Indian, he wanted paint to match hard bags, ended up waiting 6 months and paid CRAZY money for them, this is why the after market needs to step up IMO

A friend has an Indian, he wanted paint to match hard bags, ended up waiting 6 months and paid CRAZY money for them, this is why the after market needs to step up IMO

I hear ya but the aftermarket is in FULL SWING at this point on the new HD motor. In the coming months we will see cylinders, pistons, cranks, gear drives, cams, valves, springs, heads, t/bodys, exhaust systems, tuners, etc, etc. BTW, the S/E tuners will only allow a 10% increase as we were told and also heard that the 107 top speed is limited to 107MPH.

I hear ya but the aftermarket is in FULL SWING at this point on the new HD motor. In the coming months we will see cylinders, pistons, cranks, gear drives, cams, valves, springs, heads, t/bodys, exhaust systems, tuners, etc, etc. BTW, the S/E tuners will only allow a 10% increase as we were told and also heard that the 107 top speed is limited to 107MPH.
Yup, I like competition, I think it promotes better products, I am very curious to see the 107 and ride one to compare both power and noise levels

Looks like an oil cooled Street Glide in the picture.Limited's will still be water cooled.Interesting, why They did not come out with 110 cu inch.My guess is too much trouble with Them.So where is the real world testing on the 107 and 114?Are the 2017 Owners,Guinea pigs?
There is a 114 Ci now

Back