free website stats program New Motor for Touring Models in 2017 | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Motor for Touring Models in 2017

Saw the new engine today at local Dealer.Wow,4 spark plugs,single cam.Very quiet.Sounds different than Twin Cam.Supposed to be smoother and less vibration,because of counter balance.Yet to ride one.New front suspension ,cartridge type.Rear suspension is hand adjustable shocks, no air shocks. 35,000 on My 2014,Who knows?
I have no problem making a good thing better. But I hope that the MOCO is leaving some of the character of the 100+ years of Harley in there. The Metrics were always chastised for replicating Harley now it seems as if Harley is doing the reverse. My Kawi cruisers had 4 valve and counter balancers and dual spark plugs and since 1995.
So what happens with the water cooled touring Harley now is it only on CVO's????

Twin cooled models are the same as last year.

Maybe saying the same thing but just wanted to clarify.
All touring and CVO models will have the new motor and other upgrades to the touring line. The Road King, Street Glide/Special, Road Glide/Special and the Freewheeler will not be twin cooled but will have new oil passages in the heads near the exhaust valve. Could make porting those heads challenging.;)

"Power brings heat, and Harley’s met this problem head on. All Milwaukee-Eight engines will in some way be liquid cooled. The larger touring models (Road Glide Ultra, Electra Glide Ultra, Tri Glide trike) will keep versions of the Twin Cooled liquid-cooling system introduced on the Rushmore update three years ago. The rest will have dedicated oil passages in the head near the exhaust valves to put some of that thermal stress into the oil, which now circulates with an extra half quart of capacity (now 4.5 quarts) and a small cooler at the bottom of the forward frame down tubes.

Notice the mention of better fuel economy????
Can you say EPA thread......

TTS has a 2017 in the shop and is working on calibrations. Not sure which one but one of the cam vendors should have a cam out real soon.

Back