New Mods to Medusa

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by soup7562, Jun 20, 2009.

1. soup7562

soup7562 Member

Wanted to post a couple pics of the mods done to Medusa, some you can see, some you can't. RSD Venturi Air Cleaner, Street Glide shocks with air lines, Screamin Eagle Race tuner
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. suge-nightster

suge-nightster Account Removed

shox look awesome soup. they don't raise the fender that much either. good luck with the bike bro, i hope she keeps chuggin'. we have to meet up being that were both in PA. i want to see this thing in person.

3. Smokintoad

Smokintoad Member

Nice ride !
    I was considering the RK shocks also. I have a couple question....

Are yours the 11 3/4" PN 54631-08 ( stock on FLHX 97-08) ?
    How big are the spacers (washers) top/ bottom to miss the belt guard and get them vertical?

4. soup7562

soup7562 Member

Yes on the measurements. I used a total of 12 washers, 3 top 3 bottom on both sides. As for the size of the washers, I just grabbed one from my progressives, went to the hardware store and matched them up. They were something like 27 cents a piece

5. Smokintoad

Smokintoad Member

Great thanks.

Sorry, another question occurs to me...

Did you replace bolts with longer ones, and if so, do you know the sizes so that I can buy them before I take it apart?

I appreciate the info...

I have a plan for detachable saddlebags for nightsters that this info is going to help with also. When it's done I'll post the parts list and whatnot.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2009
  6. soup7562

soup7562 Member

I used the same bolts. I bought a total of 16 washers and just kept eyeballing until I was satisfied.