free website stats program New Mirrors | Harley Davidson Forums

New Mirrors

mhonn2002

I have replaced the stock mirrors on my Ultra with some after market mirrors from HD. I have noticed a lot of vibrations with the new mirrors that I did not have with the old mirrors. I dont think any of the brackets are broke under the fairing as I changed them out just a couple months ago. Do you think that the vibrations are because the new mirrors are not made with the same type of mirror glass that the stock ones had and it is picking up and showing the vibrations more because of it? They really vibrate when I am stopped.

If you got the mirrors that mount to the faring like a street glide you will pick up a little vibration at idle but it smooths out once you get rolling.

Do the mirrors mount into the handle bars? If so how far do the studs come through for the retaining nuts? If the stud is not very long [ only a few threads showing ] you need to remove them from the mirror and get longer studs [ maybe from the original mirrors ] so the nut has more threads to tighten the mirror with. I added about 1/4 inch studs to my mirrors and eliminated 70% of the vibration, while riding.

Last edited:
The mirrors mount to the handlebars and the studs appear to be the same length as the stock mirrors. The mirrors do stop vibrating as the speed of the bike increases. I feel that the vibrations are due to the straight mirror material verses the convex mirror material(or what ever it is called). I guess I will get used to it in time. Thanks for your responses.

Last edited:
Back