free website stats program New Michelin Commander 2 Front Tire | Harley Davidson Forums

New Michelin Commander 2 Front Tire

HarryB737

Just finished installing & test driving a new front tire... I read some good promotions on the Michelin Commander 2 tire. After a short trip 10 miles (Cold Day), I'm happy with the initial run. I knew during this (Slower) season I was going to replace my original tire, and since I have had the 1st generation Commander tires in the past on the rear & on a previous bike, I thought I'd try this new version. According to the sales promotion they haven't been out over here, but a short time.... so I'll be the guinea pig, (Or Hog) :s . Talked with another sales person & they said these tires have been out in Germany for 2-years, with good results.

Let us know how it is after some miles are on it. I've been running the original Commanders on my Street Glide for about 6K miles so far, and have been satisfied with them. They seem to be a little stickier than the original Dunlops.

What did you pay for them, and where did you buy them....if you don't mind me asking? Thanks!

No don't mind at all... I bought this tire from Motorcycle Superstore, and paid $109.95 delivered to the door. (3-days) Size 130/90-16. I've purchased from these folks in the past and have always been happy with their products, pricing & delivery.

I just replaced my rear dunlop with a Commander 2 on my 07 FXDWG. It ran $238.00 with free mount and balance. Got it from Combs Custom here in Lawrence, KS. I'm hoping to get 12-15k out of it.

I was running pirelli night dragons very happy with them but only getting 6-7 K miles from the rear,had the new commander 11 s put on thurs ran around all weekend so far so good havent rode in the rain yet..

Just replaced both front and rears with Commander 2 today.. After reading reviews on them I decided to try them.
Have a friend that just finished the Four Corners tour 11,966 miles on Commander 2 and still has about 6k miles left on rear tire on a Street Glide, needless to say their sold on them.

I've got just over 11,000 now on a set of Commander IIs, and they look to have several thousand to go. I'm sold on them. Cheapest price I found was Rocky Mountain Motorcycle and ATV.

Tried a set of commander II's, 8,600 cupping started on the tread sides. I liked the ride provided by these tires. At about 8,000 I started a slow turn wobble probably caused by the cupping. Replaced the front with a new commander II, which caused a slight hop. The tire proved to be defective. The dealer rechecked the balance and true-ness of the tire and concluded the rim had a bend in it. I purchased a new wheel had the same new tire mounted and balanced, the hop continued. the thought was the rear which was cupped causing it. BUT the old front commander II did not hop, it was the wobble.
I went with the new American Eagle USA made Dunlop on the rear, the hop was still evident.
Replaced the front new commander II with an American Eagle Dunlop, hop was gone!
Up to that mileage I liked the commander II's, the rear made in Spain and front made in Thailand.
I am anal with checking the tire pressure before my weekend rides, bike has 42,000+ miles more than half that 2 up.
The Dunlop's, ride as well as the commander II's, are priced higher.
AL

Back