free website stats program new metzler | Harley Davidson Forums

new metzler

caseyleiser

Had a rear tire blow out in Washington State. Got a new metzler wide whitewall installed at the nearest H.D. dealer. Cost me 219.25 for the tire and $93.75 for mounting and balancing. Does that seem right? Seems high to me, Maybe I,m just getting cheap in my old age.

A bit high, but not "out of the ballpark...!" Probably could have gotten a slightly better deal...but you were out in the "woods" and sure beats putting it up on a flatbed and looking at it thru the rear window of a tow truck...been there and certainly a decent deal when put in perspective.

Beggars cann't be chosers brother. I personlly think you got ripped. That would be over $350 Canadian for a rear tire.
kemo

Last edited:
did they take the tire off the bike? that is shop time at 75.00 an hour or so. it doesn't seem too bad for the convenience. I figure any time I pull in to the dealer I shouldn't be surprised by the price.

Had a rear tire blow out in Washington State. Got a new metzler wide whitewall installed at the nearest H.D. dealer. Cost me 219.25 for the tire and $93.75 for mounting and balancing. Does that seem right? Seems high to me, Maybe I,m just getting cheap in my old age.

Sorry to say this, but if those are US dollar, yes, they saw you coming. You might have been in a nine-line bind and at the mercy of the HD dealership. Where I get my tires, the Metz 880 WW MU85B16s are $156. Free S&H, and then having the tires mounted and balanced at the nearest metric shop for about $35.

But if you are in a bind, and need the tire NOW, you have to pay what you have to pay.

TQ

Thanks for the input guys, seems about half n half on whether I was gouged or not. At least they got me back on the road, that,s the main thing.

sounds like Seattle prices, don't forget Washington state has about 9% Sales tax.:no If your from "out of town" you can get out of paying the tax on the "goods" but they'll still get you on the "Service"

Back