new metzler

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by caseyleiser, Oct 9, 2009.

1. caseyleiser

caseyleiser Active Member

Had a rear tire blow out in Washington State. Got a new metzler wide whitewall installed at the nearest H.D. dealer. Cost me 219.25 for the tire and $93.75 for mounting and balancing. Does that seem right? Seems high to me, Maybe I,m just getting cheap in my old age.

2. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

A bit high, but not "out of the ballpark...!" Probably could have gotten a slightly better deal...but you were out in the "woods" and sure beats putting it up on a flatbed and looking at it thru the rear window of a tow truck...been there and certainly a decent deal when put in perspective.

3. kemo

kemo R.I.P

Beggars cann't be chosers brother. I personlly think you got ripped. That would be over $350 Canadian for a rear tire.
    kemo

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  4. harley@16

harley@16 Junior Member

did they take the tire off the bike? that is shop time at 75.00 an hour or so. it doesn't seem too bad for the convenience. I figure any time I pull in to the dealer I shouldn't be surprised by the price.

5. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Sorry to say this, but if those are US dollar, yes, they saw you coming. You might have been in a nine-line bind and at the mercy of the HD dealership. Where I get my tires, the Metz 880 WW MU85B16s are $156. Free S&H, and then having the tires mounted and balanced at the nearest metric shop for about $35.

But if you are in a bind, and need the tire NOW, you have to pay what you have to pay.

TQ

6. caseyleiser

caseyleiser Active Member

Thanks for the input guys, seems about half n half on whether I was gouged or not. At least they got me back on the road, that,s the main thing.

7. springer03

springer03 Active Member

well within ballpark for local dealer. might be a little cheaper thatn they do it.

8. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

i think ya got ripped to i paid under than for a set michilens

9. wildspirit97

wildspirit97 Senior Member

sounds like Seattle prices, don't forget Washington state has about 9% Sales tax.:no If your from "out of town" you can get out of paying the tax on the "goods" but they'll still get you on the "Service"