free website stats program New Member | Harley Davidson Forums

Hello from Central Florida.

Just got my first Harley 2 weeks ago. 2006 Heritage Softail (FLSTCI) with 15k. It has screaming eagle heads, dual pipes, baker 6 speed, and some other stuff. Sorry new to the Harley world and learning as I go.

So far annoying oil leak that refuses to stop. It's coming from the primary, where you adjust the chain slack. I took it back to Harley, but still leaking. I've attempted to fix leak my self, but still leaking after 60 mile ride today. I also noticed a misfire at slow speeds as well as silver looking oil when I changed the tranny oil.

My apologies if not the right for this. I really like the bike, but hope this is not a sign of things to come!

Welcome from Pittsburgh Pa.;)
Try to find a good Independent service facility to completely go over your bike. Seems dealer if that is where you purchased bike does not seem to want to help you. Advise changing out all 3 oils if you have no history on bike. And install a fresh pair of spark plugs and go from there.

Welcome to The forum, did you say you bought the bike from a dealer? Did they give any kind of warranty?

Welcome from So. Texas. Have you replaced the gasket on the inspection cover, I assume the dealer did. Check the cover itself for straightness, sometimes they become warped.
tourbox

Welcome to the forum from north TX. Good advice given....I would add get maintenance manual best money you'll spend if you are at all mechanically inclined. Relatively common malady bet ya can fix it yourself! Good luck!

Thanks to all. Yes the dealer replaced seal once and I did also. I bought it at a local Harley Dealership here in Central Florida (East Harley on I4 - Orlando). Today when I got home from a ride it started to misfire pretty badly . I went to Harley (in my car) to complain. They said they would pick it and take care of everything. Keeping my fingers crossed. I bought it used and have 2 more weeks of the 30 day warranty. Will ride the hell out of it when I get it back.

Again thanks for all the welcomes.

Back