free website stats program New member | Harley Davidson Forums

sonoma707

New member from Northern California, dont gudge me for that lol.I would like to say hi to all and tell you how great this form is I've learned so much just by reading others screw ups and I thank you for that.Not long ago I decided I wanted to get a different bike selling my fxrs and purchasing a 2002 flht 95 "witch I love my problem is I cannot ride it like my fxr I realize ther two different animals but its taking alot of getting use to ,my wife loves to go for rides im just not comfortable with passengers im having a hard time keeping up with the pack and its not for the lack of power ,it just fells so clumbsey .WOW it almost sounds like im whining I just hope I can get that comfort back that I had on my fxr. Thanks again to all Andy

Welcome from Maine..Glad your here...I think you should not even try to keep up with anyone and ride alone and with just your wife for a while..Just my 2 cents but sometimes trying to keep up can get you in trouble and I bet in not much time you will be much more comfortable...Ride safe ..:)

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
From Central Florida.

Welcome to the forum
Get some practice miles on your bike on your own once you are comfortable on your own add wife once comfortable with you and wife then is perhaps time to ride with other bikes
Ensure that the tyres have the correct pressure and the suspension is operating correctly as a bike will feel awkward if it is not setup correctly

Brian

Maybe think about taking a course with your new ride and try getting comfortable with it before taking the wife along! Welcome to the forum from the southwest desert.

Back