Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by sonoma707, May 17, 2014.

1. sonoma707

sonoma707 New Member

New member from Northern California, dont gudge me for that lol.I would like to say hi to all and tell you how great this form is I've learned so much just by reading others screw ups and I thank you for that.Not long ago I decided I wanted to get a different bike selling my fxrs and purchasing a 2002 flht 95 "witch I love my problem is I cannot ride it like my fxr I realize ther two different animals but its taking alot of getting use to ,my wife loves to go for rides im just not comfortable with passengers im having a hard time keeping up with the pack and its not for the lack of power ,it just fells so clumbsey .WOW it almost sounds like im whining I just hope I can get that comfort back that I had on my fxr. Thanks again to all Andy

2. tourbox

tourbox Senior Member

Welcome from So. Texas.
    tourbox

3. mat 60

mat 60 Senior Member

Welcome from Maine..Glad your here...I think you should not even try to keep up with anyone and ride alone and with just your wife for a while..Just my 2 cents but sometimes trying to keep up can get you in trouble and I bet in not much time you will be much more comfortable...Ride safe ..:)

4. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
    From Central Florida.

5. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Welcome to the forum
    Get some practice miles on your bike on your own once you are comfortable on your own add wife once comfortable with you and wife then is perhaps time to ride with other bikes
    Ensure that the tyres have the correct pressure and the suspension is operating correctly as a bike will feel awkward if it is not setup correctly

Brian

6. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Welcome to The Forum :s

7. Joyflyin

Joyflyin Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator

Welcome aboard, glad to have you here. :ws

8. oldhippie

oldhippie Senior Member

Welcome to the forum.:cheers

9. r_k_dragon

r_k_dragon Active Member

Maybe think about taking a course with your new ride and try getting comfortable with it before taking the wife along! Welcome to the forum from the southwest desert.

10. SledDog

SledDog Senior Member Staff Member Moderator

Welcome!