free website stats program New Member | Harley Davidson Forums

troupadoor

Hi Folks Just Joined I'm From Down East New Brunswick Canada. Always Had Yapanese Bikes Most Of My Life 62 Now Bought My First Harley This Past Summer 2003 Ultra Classic Love The Bike And Glad I Found This Site Great Information. Thanks So Much .troupadoor By The Way I Was Reading The Thread On Oil Filters And Guess The Best Are Purolator Pure One And Mobil-1 M1 Does Anyone Know A Dealer That Sells These Filters I Been Looking Can't Seem To Find One Thanks Again

Welcome to the forum troupadoor. Enjoy your stay with us here.

Why not use the HD filter that was specked for the engine?

Welcome from Ontario 'troupadoor.' I've found that no one disrespects anyone else here and they are ready, willing and able to answer questions...good bunch of people.

I can't comment on the aftermarket filters as I routinely use H-D parts so I will leave it to the more knowledgeable members to advise on something like this.

Tom

I've found that no one disrespects anyone else here and they are ready, willing and able to answer questions...good bunch of people.Tom

Yeap, I agree with I legend, everyone is pretty cool no matter how of much of a bonehead questions I ask!:bigsmiley8:

Welcome:D

Welcome to the forum...enjoy your stay...met some really fantastic folks here as well...Filters..I think HD are the best for our application.:bigsmiley28:

Glider... in those DIY vids for the oil change, didn't the guy mention some sort of spring that's in an HD filter, that may or may not be in another manufacturers? That it allowed flow quicker or some such thing?

That would be a bypass spring and all filters in this area are not created equal. That's why I stick with the HD filters.

Back