free website stats program New Member with question on Tachometer | Harley Davidson Forums

New Member with question on Tachometer

cowboywildbill

Hi I am new to the site. I have a 2006 Heritage and bought a used 2 5/8" mini tach. As far as I can tell the same part # is used from 88 to present? I hooked the tach up. Yellow wire to signal at data port and red to +pos and black to ground. The tach reads at idle but jumps. Then when I rev it up it doesn't respond. Could it be the wrong year tach? or just bad? I under stand some of the older tachs hook up to the ignition coil, I wouldn't think that would work on a model with ECM. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks

as far as i can remember, the feed for the tach on that will come from adding a wire to the speedo plug, there is a few spare points, but i think its number three, you will need a propper crimp terminal and connect it to the tach, before this there was a pink wire tucked in at the speedo socket.

as far as i can remember, the feed for the tach on that will come from adding a wire to the speedo plug, there is a few spare points, but i think its number three, you will need a propper crimp terminal and connect it to the tach, before this there was a pink wire tucked in at the speedo socket.

Take a look in the link posted above your post.:s

Thanks, I was under the impression that the data terminal was the same signal that is at the speedo # 3 position. I'll give that a try though. Thanks

Back