free website stats program New Member Need Help! | Harley Davidson Forums

New Member Need Help!

I have a 2002 Lowrider died today while riding. Has spark and is getting fuel. Tried to look for codes using this great site but can not retrieve them using the diagnostic procedures for 00-03 Harley. Can not make make engine light flash. I can use the procedure of pushing button on speedo and getting d01clr code then ppu then 84172. Help!

I have a 2002 Lowrider died today while riding. Has spark and is getting fuel. Tried to look for codes using this great site but can not retrieve them using the diagnostic procedures for 00-03 Harley. Can not make make engine light flash. I can use the procedure of pushing button on speedo and getting d01clr code then ppu then 84172. Help!

d01clr code then ppu then 84172

They are normal entries, not codes.

Have you jumped the right terminals (1 and 2) in the data link connector?

Are you FIRST holding the reset button "IN" THEN turning on the ignition?
That will take you to the right Mode on the speedo for checking..

signed....BUBBIE

I think I am jumping the right terminals. I found a plug under the seat that has a cap on it it has three wires but there is no numbers 123 there is ABC. so I jumped across A & B. I am not sure it is the Data Link Connector but I think so. Thanks

And Yes the engine light does come on for 4 seconds when I turn on the key.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I am jumping the right terminals. I found a plug under the seat that has a cap on it it has three wires but there is no numbers 123 there is ABC. so I jumped across A & B. I am not sure it is the Data Link Connector but I think so. Thanks

The data link connector has 1-2-3-4 on the plug, not lettered. It sounds like you are using the wrong plug.

Is the connector hooked to other wires? this is the only plug under the seat that is not hooked to other wires. Glider I appreciate your Help!

Is the connector hooked to other wires? this is the only plug under the seat that is not hooked to other wires. Glider I appreciate your Help!

On My 00 dyna, The PLUG was hooked on the vertical electrical back-plate and you SLID plug up to come off and that gave the plug room to work with... The plug had a rubber insert into it to keep clean..Plug head was mounted on a Groove and Sliding it UP to the "button-hole" then you could remove it to get room to work and plug into the diagnostic device..

signed....BUBBIE

Glider you were right that was the wrong plug found the right one jumped 1&2 terminals. The light flashes but flashes so fast can not count the flashes it is somewher between 12 & 15 then pauses then flashes about the same amount of times. What does all that mean?

Back