free website stats program New Member looking for Grandfathers Bike - See attached | Harley Davidson Forums

New Member looking for Grandfathers Bike - See attached

Towers1971

Hello All,
I ride a 2004 Road King Custom, and l live in Northern Virginia (Near Dulles).

I am trying to track down a 1974-1976 Harley that my grandfather had customized (took apart, chromed/painetd, etc) and sold in the late 1970's. Needle in a Haystack I understand. He sold the bike out of the parking lot of the Daytona speedway (someone walked up and apparently had to have it) to a couple of guys who were going to ride to CA and then ship the bike overseas. My grandmother thinks they were headed to Germany, but I have no way to know.

I've posted in numerous locations, but this is the first where I actually have a photo. I dug through mountains of old boxes and finally came across a color photo in good enough shape to scan.

I would really, really, really like to find this bike, so if anyone has suggestions, I would love to hear them. I have nothing with the VIN and have been through every stitch of paperwork and I have zip. I have his AMA card from the 70's but doubt they have the VIN.

If you happen to know something about it, respond or give me a PM.
Thanks

Scott

Attachments

• 129199850085736649.jpg
    129199850085736649.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 98
Last edited by a moderator:
Back