free website stats program New member here. First off happy new years to all. i'm ha | Harley Davidson Forums

New member here. First off happy new years to all. i'm ha

Hello all. Let's get right to it. A buddy of mine lady his 03 sportster down now it will not turn over and the key light is on what do I do

if it does he has never had a key fob. the wires to the switch were cut but have been repaired. light still comes on and engine will not turn over

when you turn the key on wait 6 sec and the red key light comes on

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard, glad to have you here.
thank you hope to learn a lot here

I have built old school customs for a while but these newer HD's are a learning curve

on top of the key light on the turn signals do not work but the fuses are all good. i can use my power probe at the starter relay and the engine will turn over but not start

Last edited by a moderator:
If you browse the self help section, and post your questions in the appropriate section of the forum, you may get better responses. ;) We have some very knowledgeable members here.

I am far from knowledgeable, but I think there is a bank angle sensor on the bike, not sure about years that started and all, but you might check that. I am not near my manual, but I think it is possibly ignition on-off-on-off-on...maybe?

The only other issue I remember I have encountered off the top of my head is once, I was swapping out the switch covers and pinched the wire on the start switch I believe. If you had the handlebars and controls loose/apart, you may want to check that. Otherwise, my little bit of knowledge might be exhausted. But as I mentioned, we have lots of other members with MUCH MORE knowledge that should be able to help. ;)

Back