free website stats program New member and Harley rider with a problem | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New member and Harley rider with a problem

One thing about the article is Mr. Data talks about using carb cleaner. Mass airflow sensor cleaner is better and safer to use on an infected injected system.

:s Indeed, and stuff a rag in the throttle plate to cut down on the residue washing into the intake:s

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a similar issue with my Deuce awhile back. Sputtering as though it was running out of gas, eventhough it was not. I didn't have the engine racing issue though. I took it to the dealer and they told me there is a "tube" of some sort inside the tank where your fuel line exits the tank. The internal part was cracked or something. I assume it creates some sorta vaccuum that was disturbed by the crack. They pulled the tank and replaced the tube and it has been fine since.

Wonder if a fix was ever found?

Good question!

This is why we highly encourage everyone who starts a thread about a problem to come back and let everyone know what the final resolution was. That way everyone learns something, not just the OP.

Back