free website stats program New Limited Mods | Harley Davidson Forums

New Limited Mods

glenalt

I worked on the bike for awhile today and got my pegs mounted. Installed the Battery tender hook up and hard wired my GPS. What a day. Now I know for you that are used to doing that stuff it doesn't sound like much but for me it was something.

I had to take off the front of the faring to get to the headlamp harness and hooked up the the two wires that are already there, good thing. Taking the faring off wasn't too bad and now I know if I have to I can do it again without much trepidation. I did have to look at the Manual to see where 2 screws were. Those things are the best investment you can make, other than coming here for free.:s

The seat was an easy take-off but getting to the battery was an ordeal. On my Heritage it was right there but this one is covered up with stuff. Got her done though.

Man, I feel good.

My 2010 had a Battery Tender cable installed from the factory. That cover on the battery is a pain, you have to remember to push it forward to get it over the silver tab in front of the battery.

My 2010 had a Battery Tender cable installed from the factory. That cover on the battery is a pain, you have to remember to push it forward to get it over the silver tab in front of the battery.

I didn't know it already had one on it. I wonder where it is? Tell me where you found yours. I don't need two.

Nice job, Always a good feeling of accomplishment when you set out to do a project on your bike and complete it succesfully, and Ill bet I know which two screws you had to look in the manual to find !!!:newsmile107:

The tender hook up should be on the right side of the bike behind or just below the side cover.

FYI, many dealers install the Battery Tender and the Immobilizer portion of the Security alarm system as a precautionary and security measure respectively. Routine maintenance and prep of the bike for test/buyer rides, the immobilizer protects dealer from massive loss if multiple bikes are exposed to a break-in/heist...impeding potential for big losses, all the dealer has to do is order them that way...or retrofit as part of uncrating newly minted units when they arrive.

I worked on the bike for awhile today and got my pegs mounted. Installed the Battery tender hook up and hard wired my GPS. What a day. Now I know for you that are used to doing that stuff it doesn't sound like much but for me it was something.

I had to take off the front of the faring to get to the headlamp harness and hooked up the the two wires that are already there, good thing. Taking the faring off wasn't too bad and now I know if I have to I can do it again without much trepidation. I did have to look at the Manual to see where 2 screws were. Those things are the best investment you can make, other than coming here for free.:s

The seat was an easy take-off but getting to the battery was an ordeal. On my Heritage it was right there but this one is covered up with stuff. Got her done though.

Man, I feel good.

Can you post some pictures of the tender installation?
What battery tender have you used?
Thanks

Back