free website stats program new lifters in, not running right | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

new lifters in, not running right

Conclusion: Got some SE pushrods, installed, took 'er out, lotsa noise, checked rods an one lost adjustment an adjuster screwed in, OK lets go again, running good, then less then 10 mi,noisey again. well now we know what it is at least. Corrected it(frt intake0
ran it around for a bit, an I hope that is the end of it, an should be ready for the riding season. Those adjustable pushrods can be tricky little buggers, till you get the hang of tightening them up and holding the adjustment.

Conclusion: Got some SE pushrods, installed, took 'er out, lotsa noise, checked rods an one lost adjustment an adjuster screwed in, OK lets go again, running good, then less then 10 mi,noisey again. well now we know what it is at least. Corrected it(frt intake0
ran it around for a bit, an I hope that is the end of it, an should be ready for the riding season. Those adjustable pushrods can be tricky little buggers, till you get the hang of tightening them up and holding the adjustment.

Yep. When I do it, I use two box end wrenches on the tube "nut" and the jam nut that I can squeeze with one hand. The other hand holds the adjuster end wrench to make sure it doesn't change when I tighten the jam nut against the tube nut.

TQ

Yep. When I do it, I use two box end wrenches on the tube "nut" and the jam nut that I can squeeze with one hand. The other hand holds the adjuster end wrench to make sure it doesn't change when I tighten the jam nut against the tube nut.

TQ

This process is a lot easier if you have a third arm and hand growing out of your chest!!!:newsmile108:

This process is a lot easier if you have a third arm and hand growing out of your chest!!!:newsmile108:

Why do you think he said that?

img-new-old-spice-ad-120_155527787125.jpg

Back