free website stats program New jets- how to tell?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New jets- how to tell??

Thanks for the input Bubbie.

The exhaust pipes have a dull gray/black coating. No flaky stuff and when I hit the throttle it is a "clean" exhaust stream (no smoke or soot).

I did notice on my test ride that it does "gurggle/lightly pop" on deceleration, but so does my UC. No loud bangs or back-firing so I am leaving it alone.

I changed all the fluids at the previous owners house, before I drove it home (1 hour ride). Plus I drained all of the fuel out of the tank and replaced it with fresh while the carb was soaking in carb cleaner spray. I couldn't bare to drive it with the original fluids in it from when she bought it, but I only had the fluids/filters I use for my UC on hand, so the Dyna got mobile 1 in the engine, spectro 6-speed in the transmission and spectro syn chain case to get me home. Then I swapped them out again after getting it back from the inspection site. So, that is what will be in it till it warms up a bit and my wife can ride.

After reading about the fluids on this board, the spectro 6-speed in the transmission may be over kill as far as cost, but I don't think Spectro 6 speed or the Spectro Syn Chaincase oil will be detrimental at all. Unless I hear otherwise they will stay in until it is time to change. I know Mobile 1 is fine for the engine.

I am going to replace the tires. No cracks between the treads but there are some small cracks (what I would consider dry rot) on the treads and sidewalls at various places. Better safe than sorry and tires are the only thing between you and the road.

JUST A REPLY FROM BUBBIE

GOOD TO HEAR, BIKE INFO' SAYS A "GO"

THE OILS AND FILTER YOU USE IS A GOOD CHOISE... STICK WITH IT

NO SUCH THING AS OVER-KILL!!!!!

I'D STICK TO WHAT YOU USE IN YOUR BIKE FOR SIMPLICITY FOR BOTH BIKES

THE DYNA CALLED FOR A 10 MICRON OIL FILTER (LARGER PARTICLES).... A 5 MICRON FILTER NOT AVAILABLE BACK THEN...

DEALERS MAINLY SELL THE 5 MICRON NOW..
(5=SMALLER PARTICLES FILTERED OUT)

THE FILTERS OF TODAY WILL FIT ALL MODELS.. 5 MICRON FILTERING IS BETTER FOR THE DYNA.

this has been fun to help you out.. but u really didn't need it!

YOU WERE SPOT ON PORTER......

signed....BUBBIE

Back