free website stats program new home for scoot | Harley Davidson Forums

new home for scoot

Mavagrand

some of you may remember, I recently got married and moved in with my wife while renting my old home. problem was, she doesn't have a garage/carport..my scoot sits out in theweather...not a good thing during the Florida summer...sun beating down and alot of rain. anyway, I decided to build a garage..so I have the walls framed in on a 16x24 shed. the walls are a little over 10ft tall and I have two roll up doors on the same side but opposite walls that way I can ride straight thru..should have it up in about a month and have the bike outta the weather..any ideas on what I should put inside??? It is a custom one only building that I can arrange however I want, just looking for ideas..I have already put in a drain at one end of the building that empties into a small tank. this is for my oil/fluid changes..I can change the oil and let it drain right out..no need to place a pan under the bike..I am also putting in a deep sink...any other ideas???

some good lights, electrical outlets on the walls, also suggest you put some in the ceiling rafters so you can leave extension cords hanging down just above head level for chargers, tools, etc, so you don't have to drag an extension cord all over the floor and then trip over it again and again. A workbench, tool box, refrigerator, radio/tv, chairs, since you're in FL, A/C..

I always wanted to recess a bike lift into the floor. That way when its down its flush with the floor and not in the way.

ETY, good advice and already included. Birdman, ya got me thinking....I have a bike lift.......

here is a pix i took this am before work

Attachments

• Photo_060909_003.jpg
    Photo_060909_003.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 104
Last edited by a moderator:
might want to consider windows on the opposite walls from the doors for more cross flow ventilation, or a man door to make getting in/out easier and ventilation as well

yea, gonna install some windows and a walk thru door..decided to put a loft in as well...i like the idea about running all wires through th ceiling..sounds like a plan

Back