free website stats program New Heritage | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Heritage

OK. had the bike for three weeks and this weekend, my fork lock quit working. My front forks will still swivel their full range with the lock engaged. In my 40 years riding, I've never had this happen. Dropped it off at the dealership this morning, they agreed something is wrong. Hopefully they can fix it without removing the steering head. Anyone else have/had this issue on their bike, mine is a 2016.

Wonder if the detent pin for lock is stuck in? Or pin misaligned to hole. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
They've taken it apart, service manager is not sure what's caused it. He says the parts look as they should. He's gotten approval from the MoCo to fix it under warranty and they have asked he send the parts to them. It's gonna take 10-14 days to get fixed.

They've taken it apart, service manager is not sure what's caused it. He says the parts look as they should. He's gotten approval from the MoCo to fix it under warranty and they have asked he send the parts to them. It's gonna take 10-14 days to get fixed.

10-14 days is ridiculous in my opinion to fix an issue like yours Mark. Did the offer you a loner?

Back