free website stats program New Heritage Softail!!!!! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Heritage Softail!!!!!

My Electra Glide never has decel pops with the Screamin Eagle slip ons. When I put my Rush's on it pops, take em off, no pops. Must be the Rush's.

Rush seems to have that effect. Changes depends on repacking but still will pop some.

Pictures are coming! I've been too busy riding!

Jack, the clamps all seem tight to me. Is this something I should get checked out at dealership immediately, or will it hurt to wait until the 1000 mile service?....I am at 300 miles now.

Don't spend a second worrying about it. Like Jack said, all the bikes come off the showroom floor running lean but you can ride them forever that way if you want. That being said, most people eventually do the Stage One to cool the engine down a bit and/or change the sound.
Follow the Doctors orders :s You should be OK til you decide on what tuner you want, you can stop up the pipes with some cardboard and gloves on your hands and listen for exhaust leaks, if it is leaking you will hear it as a whistle or a hiss sound, look for dis coloration at the joints Good luck and Happy riding:s

Thanks for all the great advice! I really think it is the Rush slip-ons. I rode the last couple of days (60-70 degree weather here!:D), and have noticed that they only pop after the bike has warmed up. I guess its not a big deal. I am still reading up on race tuners and was advised by a local shop the the Power Commander is very popular. Any one out there have any knowledge of these tuners?

Congratulations on your new ride. I've enjoyed my '09. I too have "Rush" slip on (2") with TFI... runs great with little to no decel poping.

Back