New here and to Harley in general

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Colt.45, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Colt.45

Colt.45 Member

This actually my second Harley as many many years ago I had some kind of a little single cylinder thing that was a Harley. Now though I have an 08 Rocker. I got it with 8,000 miles on it and in nice shape. I have replaced the stock mufflers with Vance & Hines Twin Slash slip ons, I also installed an Arlen Ness 'Big Sucker' and Night Rider's XEIDs. I have a Danny Gray 'Week Day Solo' seat on the way as well. Now I need a set of Mini-Apes in about 10" [on hold till I save a few more bones though] and then I'll have it about like I want it. I really like the Harley torque and sound.
    Colt.45

2. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

:good
    Welcome from Pittsburgh, Pa.

No other bike can compare to the Harley character which is what makes them so great...

3. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Welcome to the forum

Brian

4. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
    From Central Florida.

5. tourbox

tourbox Senior Member

Welcome from So. Texas.
    tourbox

6. Colt.45

Colt.45 Member

Thanks all. I have discovered after over 40 years of riding that there are two types of Bikes..........Harleys and the other ones. Makes me sorta wish I had seen the light earlier........Oh well.....better late than never they say.:newsmile011:
    Colt.45

7. 34thestickupkid

34thestickupkid Active Member

Welcome to the Family,enjoy your Ride
    Thats one of the last things i want to do to my Limited,Im looking at the 12'' Mini-Apes

8. jamesearl

jamesearl Senior Member Contributor

welcome.sounds like your old one was from the Italian airplane factory.Was it a baja,or a 350c.c.?

9. Colt.45

Colt.45 Member

jamesearl
    Best I can recall it seems like it was about 50cc and cast iron jug? This was around 1971 and I got it for about $5.00 from a guy. I know I rode it some.........
    Colt.45

10. jamesearl

jamesearl Senior Member Contributor

oh yeah,they had a mini bike too.