free website stats program New HD syn blend oil? | Harley Davidson Forums

New HD syn blend oil?

porkchop

Has anyone seen the new HD synthetic blend at the dealers? It says engine only and its about $7 per qt.

Has anyone seen the new HD synthetic blend at the dealers? It says engine only and its about $7 per qt.

Here is Harley's marketing mumbo-jumbo on it:

Harley-Davidson USA | Accessories And Apparel | Genuine Motor Accessories

Clearly stated it is a BLENDED, aka Group 3, oil. Why use a blend of dino and synthetic bases? What company is making this for HD?

I suggest a FULL synthetic or Group 4 20W50 engine oil in the engine, and a FULL synthetic or Group 4 75W90 or 75W140 gear lube (GL-5) in the transmission. Sporties should use a Fit-for-Purpose lubricant/coolant in the tranny/primary. Big twins should use a fit-for-purpose lubricant in the primary like Formula + from HD or Spectro Primary.

TQ

Screamin' Eagle® Synthetic Blend Motorcycle Engine Oil - SAE 20W50
hd_spacer_e204.gif

Exclusively blended for Harley-Davidson® engines. Tested-Certified by the Harley- Davidson Motorcycle Company. Screamin' Eagle® Synthetic Blend Motorcycle Oil offers all the quality and protection of H-D® 360 mineral-based oil, plus: Improved high temperature oil stability, oil flow at cold engine start-up and oil viscosity at high engine loads Approved for use in all stages of engine life including engine break-in period. For use in engine cavity only.

I think this says it all! Still not a true synthetic but NICE TRY to get the sales up Harley even with the new packaging too. :D

No doubt still supplied by Hugo Chavez and his buddies.

Read the label and know what you are buying.

Never said i was going to use it, just interesting that they would come out with this oil and why.

What's different about it than their regular 20/50, other than the bottle?
I can buy M1 VT for 2 dollars more a quart at walmart.

Yes I saw some the other day at the dealers. Have you ever seen the saying on the side of a soap box "New and Improved"?

Back