free website stats program New HD in the Family | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New HD in the Family

I've never rode a V-Rod, but boy I sure would like to...maybe at the next Demo Day at the our local shop..coming up in October.

I rode it for a bit after he brought it home. It is different. The steering is nothing like my Heritage. It feels like it doesn't want to turn, like it wants to hold a straight line, but after about 5 minutes on it you get used to it. The turning radius is also wider so I couldn't do figure 8's in our driveway, but maybe with practice. It is much lighter, about 200 pounds and feels smaller, but longer, under me. But it is fast.........jeeeeeeeez, with the pipes and tuner etc. it does move. A 9000 redline is something new for me.:) These are just my impressions. I am no expert, just an old guy who loves to ride his Heritage. Which is my 1st Harley by the way.

I also hate to admit it but I do like the way it sounds. It doesn't sound like a Harley but it has a deep nasty "I am going to rip your head off" exhaust note. My kid gets a lot of looks as he rides by. Not many people have seen a V-Rod out here and they certainly haven't heard one like his.

He is one happy young man.

Back