New HD in the Family

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by gasbag, Sep 6, 2009.

1. gasbag

gasbag Active Member

As you can see under my name I have a Heritage. My son has been driving down here for the last 6 months and stealing it from me on the weekends and having a great time. I finally put a stop to it.

We went down to N.W. Harley in Lacey, where I bought my bike, and he tried on a few and fell in love with the V-Rod. I know I know, I tried to raise him right but what can I say. I will agree tho that this is some bike. It has Vance & Hines pipes, stage 1 and a tuner. It sounds nasty, sort of like an angry growl. One day later it was sitting in my garage next to the Heritage. Now there are two men in the family with a silly ear to ear grin on their face. We have been riding together every chance we get now and are having the time of our lives. Life is good.

The only other thing I would like is to be his age again.:)

[​IMG]

2. Rewind

Rewind Active Member

Now that's cool right there!!! Congratulations..............to both of you!!

3. sharpscuba

sharpscuba Banned

Very Cool!!! I can't wait until my son returns from his deployment. He promised me that we would go on a trip somewhere. You two have fun, be safe and enjoy the honor of being a father.

4. roofgoof

roofgoof Member

Great!!!!! You guys will have a great time.. Congrats

5. whatyardwork

whatyardwork Banned

Congrats! At the very least you can feel satisfied in having lead him down the right path.

6. Gezzer Glide

Gezzer Glide Active Member Contributor

Congrats on the V-Rod. My son and I ride together sometimes and it's great when we do, but he rides one of those crouch rockets. I don't know where I went wrong.:small3d015:

7. nolafishr

nolafishr Active Member

Congrats to your Son, At least he is on a Harley! Enjoy and Ride Safe

8. pops55

pops55 Active Member

Congrats!

Pops

9. Randall K. Wilson

Randall K. Wilson Junior Member

I've never rode a V-Rod, but boy I sure would like to...maybe at the next Demo Day at the our local shop..coming up in October.

10. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Nothing wrong...as many an old rider has said to metric/crotch rocket rider...You may enjoy that ride right now, but sooner or later a V-twin will be sitting in your garage! Personally I laughed at the guy, but almost 30 years later he was right after all. :lero