free website stats program New Harley Rider | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Harley Rider

Coming to you from L.A. thats Lower Alabama.....I have owned and riden metric bikes but this is my first Harley
2000 Harley-Davidson FLTRSEI Road Glide

Ah, I remember it well........the first day I Road home on my first HD!

I used to have nightmares about it, wondering how hard it could be to transition from a metric bike, having been on Honda motorcycles exclusively, for so many years.

I was irrationally fearful of the power, the control, the money wrapped up in such a bike.

My first HD was a Fatboy. I LOVED that bike!!

I paid a price though. It was the "last straw" that my wife of 37 years used, to file for Divirce. It went deeper than the "bike," but she used it as a "reason."

Here's the bike I traded in, to GET the Fatboy:

Then I got re-married........and the NEW wife wanted to ride WITH me, (something the FORMER wife COULDN'T do anymore) and I found myself on a 2013 Road Glide.

(No, I haven't done a video about that one yet)

No matter WHAT Make/Model "full dresser" it may be, they ALL are heavy!! 900 lbs plus. It's been a definite learning curve!!

Welcome to the HD family, and welcome to the "heavy bike" club as well, from "Soup" in CT!

Coming to you from L.A. thats Lower Alabama.....I have owned and riden metric bikes but this is my first Harley
2000 Harley-Davidson FLTRSEI Road Glide
Welcome to the forum from Suwannee, Fl.

Back