free website stats program New Harley Blackline....yawn | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Harley Blackline....yawn

Just as musicians all die at the age of 27, I'm surprised that a number of members here are my age, 61. Perhaps that's why certain Harley models sell so well. One out of every three Americans is a 'boomer.

When I was younger, it was my notion that people living into their sixties began their existence as "elderly." However, the most dangerous man I ever met was 64. I reconnected at the parts counter last week with a guy I rode with when I first came to Madison--still has color in his hair, still rides and is 69 years old.

When I read a story in our local paper about an event involving a man in his sixties, I often think, "Yikes, that old guy is lucky he ain't living in a nursing home." Then I get up and go to the gym. It is always a surprise when I have to state my own age.

So, here I am, debating a Blackline. Shouldn't we be in ballroom dancing forums, and buying Ben-Gay instead of chrome?

.. .. .. I'm surprised that a number of members here are my age, 61. Perhaps that's why certain Harley models sell so well. One out of every three Americans is a 'boomer. ..... .. ..

There are quite a few of us and many older.

.. .. . .. . I reconnected at the parts counter last week with a guy I rode with when I first came to Madison--still has color in his hair, still rides and is 69 years old. ... .. .. . . ..

Yea still even 'having' the hair would be a plus for me. Mine was gone way before 60. Can't afford the gym but still do sets of painful pushups and dumbells almost daily. When it gets to where I can't do them, I will probably die shortly thereafter.

.. . ... .. .. So, here I am, debating a Blackline. Shouldn't we be in ballroom dancing forums, and buying Ben-Gay instead of chrome?

:lolrolling enjoyed that. Life is likened to the folloing scenarios and everywhere in between. A guy sitting in front of fan with a beer and a monkey with his tail caught in a running pulley. :bigsmiley24: We all tend to do what we can. :cheers

LOL. I still have thick hair, myself, just white!

I have very good genes. I still lift weights and ride as I did in my late thirties, and feel no different.

The other day I found jeans in my closet from 1978. They still fit, and loosely. We don't have to stop the things we enjoy.

I do like my big-twin, but just came back on my Sportster to do some quick errands. The kick I get from riding that class of bike is identical as was in my teens.

Back